The Agency has no power to interfere with a co-operative’s management or governance, except on matters that come under co-op’s operating agreement with CMHC.
If you don’t think your co-op is following its operating agreement,
For all other problems, please see “Having a problem with your housing co-op?” on the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada website.
If your co-op is a member, you can talk to CHF Canada at 1.800.465.2752, its Ontario Region at 1.800.268.2537, or your local federation of housing co-ops. The CHF Canada website has contact information for local federations.
- call the Agency’s Privacy Officer at 1.866.660.3140, extension 637
- or dial 0 and ask for our Privacy Officer.
If you have a different concern about the Agency…
Follow the process set out in Appendix A of the Agency’s Complaints and Dispute Resolution Policy.
Good to Know
- You can consult the guidelines for different housing programs.
- If you make a complaint under the federal Privacy Act, Official Languages Act or Access to Information Act, the Agency must pass on your complaint to CMHC.
- If you have a human-rights complaint, you can ask for help from your provincial human-rights commission.