Concerns and Complaints

Your Co-op

The Agency has no power to interfere with a co-operative’s management or governance, except on matters that come under co-op’s operating agreement with Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC).

If you don’t think your co-op is following its operating agreement,

For all other problems, please see “Having a problem with your housing co-op?on the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada (CHF Canada) website.

If your co-op is a member, you can talk to CHF Canada at 1.800.465.2752, its Ontario Region at 1.800.268.2537, or your local federation of housing co-ops. The CHF Canada website has contact information for local federations.

The Agency

If your concern is about an Agency breach of privacy or confidentiality …

  • call the Agency’s Privacy Officer at 1.866.660.3140, extension 403
  • or dial 0 and ask for our Privacy Officer.

If you have a different concern about the Agency…

Follow the process set out in Appendix A of the Agency’s Complaints and Dispute Resolution Policy.

Good to Know

  • You can consult the guidelines for different housing programs.
  • If you make a complaint under the federal Privacy Act, Official Languages Act or Access to Information Act, the Agency must pass on your complaint to CMHC.
  • If you have a human-rights complaint, you can ask for help from your provincial human-rights commission.

Tip of the Month

Co-ops without Paid Managers

Since 2007, the percentage of co-ops without paid help is down by more than half to a mere 2% of Agency clients. Another 12% just have a lonely bookkeeper.